Tuesday, July 8, 2008

McCall's 2094, View C - My First Project on my blog!

I was working on a blouse trying to fit myself according to my high bust measurement. Therefore, I entered the "Advance Beginner Contest" on PatternReview(PR) as a motivation to complete the blouse. However, I didn't make the deadline on time. I finished at 11:30 P.M., June 30, 2008 and still needed to wash and press my blouse.

I learned that I was not fitting myself correctly about two years ago. Then, I started buying books and videos on fitting which is around the same time I found PR on the internet. After studying and reading blogs written by many of my now favorite bloggers, I have learned so far that I need the following adjustments for tops/blouses/jackets: Full Bust Adjustment (FBA), Sway Back Adjustment (SBA) Sloping Shoulder Adjustment and Full Arm Adjustment.

Here is my completed blouse based upon my high bust measurement.










The contest rules were that you had to show a new technique that you learned. This picture shows a flat fell technique that I was going to entering as "something new" that I have learned.








Below are additional pictures I have taken. I'm still having problems with the SBA and arms (altering techniques for sizing and getting the armhole to fit smoothly without puckers).


8 comments:

Marji said...

looks Great! Congratulations on finishing the blouse, and on working on the ongoing challenge of fitting.
I'm happy to hear that you were motivated by the contest.

JuliaR said...

The fit looks great! I am so happy if I helped you at all with the flat fell. Keep on sewing!

Lisa H. said...

Hi Charlene.Your blouse looks terrific.You are right,we have the same fitting issues.I'll be looking forward to seeing your future creations.

Amy Bailes said...

Hi Charlene, your blouse looks great!

piffle said...

Hi Charlene!

You stopped by my blog and asked about how I laid out the pattern after I made a SBA. I found that once I made the SBA on the pattern, I would have to readjust the grainlines slightly. This we a very imprecise process -- I jst tried to split the difference between the original and unaltered portion of the grainline and the new one. For the back fold, I simply continued along the original fold line and then extended the side seams and let out some of the darts.

It's still a technique in development, but it seemed to get the job done.

toy said...

you should blog more, this shirts looks great!

Lisa H. said...

Hi Charlene.I tagged you.Yes,I did finish my jacket and will post pictures wearing it as soon as I get it back.Hope to hear from you soon.

Melodye said...

I just found your blog. Your blouse looks good. Proably better than you'd get with ready to wear. Enjoy the journey.