Welcome to my blog Charlene! Flat fells are ALL over my blog. Try the following entries for visuals - some are better than others. And then just click through that garment by going to that month in the archives. http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-project-summer-skirt.html http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/08/sleeve-flat-felled.html http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/07/shoulder-seams.html
(PS I posted this where you made the comment but thought I'd be the first commenter on Your blog!)
Charlene, thanks for commenting on my blog. A word about the McCall's shorts pattern. You are right on all accounts about the pattern. I forgot to mention it in my post...but I cut the waist to Size 20, the hips to size 18, and also the crouch. The crouch fits WONDERFULLY! The problem was the back pattern rise, it was way, way to low. So when I altered the pattern's front and back by cutting the pattern on the (lengthen or shorten here) line and adding two inches. Doing this increased the zipper, (but I thought it was too short anyway. I also was smart enough (for a change - I usually forget things like this) to increase the pocket and pocket facings by two inches also. Glad I thought about doing that.
Now all I need to do is work on slimming down the leg portion of the pattern. I am tired of wide pant legs. I made view E and all is well with the pattern with the alterations. I am sure I will be posting more about it later - in my quest for the TNT pants pattern.
2 comments:
Welcome to my blog Charlene! Flat fells are ALL over my blog. Try the following entries for visuals - some are better than others. And then just click through that garment by going to that month in the archives.
http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-project-summer-skirt.html
http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/08/sleeve-flat-felled.html
http://juliasewing.blogspot.com/2006/07/shoulder-seams.html
(PS I posted this where you made the comment but thought I'd be the first commenter on Your blog!)
Charlene, thanks for commenting on my blog. A word about the McCall's shorts pattern. You are right on all accounts about the pattern. I forgot to mention it in my post...but I cut the waist to Size 20, the hips to size 18, and also the crouch. The crouch fits WONDERFULLY! The problem was the back pattern rise, it was way, way to low. So when I altered the pattern's front and back by cutting the pattern on the (lengthen or shorten here) line and adding two inches. Doing this increased the zipper, (but I thought it was too short anyway. I also was smart enough (for a change - I usually forget things like this) to increase the pocket and pocket facings by two inches also. Glad I thought about doing that.
Now all I need to do is work on slimming down the leg portion of the pattern. I am tired of wide pant legs. I made view E and all is well with the pattern with the alterations. I am sure I will be posting more about it later - in my quest for the TNT pants pattern.
Post a Comment