Thursday, October 30, 2008

Summer PJ's Simplicity 3987

This project was from a Simplicity pattern I used last year to make Naya some pajamas’. However, she has grown a bit, particularly in the belly area; I had to widen the pattern. I used Debbie Cook’s method of splashing and spreading the seam then add tissue. (I’m sorry I can’t provide pictures at this time because I have missed placed all of my SD cards. I will show this method later in future project.)

There were 5 pj’s in all. I wanted to make my elastic waistband like what you see in ready-to-wear (RTW). So, I started reading books and tutorials on how to do an elastic waistband using your serger. It worked! Below is the finish product.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a picture of Naya wearing my favorite pair. The top has "Mother", "Daughter", "Grandmother", and "Sisterhood" writing all over it.

Photobucket

More pictures:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry about the pictures. I'm new to blogging, my camera and photo editing applications. Also, I need to figure out how to space correctly after a sentence.

8 comments:

toy said...

the pictures are fine, cute pjs, that waistband looks professional

Susan said...

The pjs look great and looks like she really likes them!

Faye Lewis said...

Your waist band really is a professional job! Looks like you are completing lots of projects.

Faye Lewis said...

Charlene, thanks to you and your daughter for your comment on my tops. I am having fun with knits.

Lisa H. said...

You have been sewing up a storm.Great waistband on such cut PJ's.

Tanya said...

What cute projects. My daughter is the reason I started sewing, I loved making her dresses and she was such a little show off, always letting everyone know "My Mommy made it". Keep up the good work you are making memories that will last a life time. And your blog looks great.

Aminat said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have a cute model there, I love her beautiful red dress in the other post too.
www.sewfit.blogspot.com

Sew-4-Fun said...

Charlene, I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award that's going around. Enjoy!